One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 44 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 44 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 44 – Project 94
Rocket to Dreamland – designed by Jessica Bandelin page 263
pattern on sheet 3
Three 9″ x 12″ rectangles of felt
1/4 yard of 1/2″ double-fold bias binding or ribbon in coordinating color
embroidery floss or yarn to match felt colors
1 large bag of Fiberfill
Julia’s Tips and Thoughts
- This was Julia’s first ‘stuffed’ sewing project. She learned a lot!
- Julia felt she overstuffed the rocket fins making it difficult to attach them to the body. Next time she would give herself more seam allowance, which would make it easier to get the fins through the machine.
- A contrasting piece of fabric was used for the pocket. Julia chose not to use binding or ribbon for the top of the pocket. A 1/4″ seam was made instead.
- The extra bulk of the fins and flame stuffed inside made it a challenge to attach the base .
Week 44 – Project 95, 96, 97
Pampered Pooch Walking Set – designed by Jessica Roberts page 266
2 welded or cast 3/4″ or 1″ D-rings
1 welded or cast 3/4″ or 1″ O-rings
2 yards of 1/2″ or 3/4″ polyester ribbon, depending on size of hardware
Alicia’s Tips and Thoughts
- The four patterns were easy to follow and straight-forward to make.
- The book describes the leash length as 42″ long. The construction allows the leash to be up to 79″ long. Alicia made Trixie’s about 50″ long.
- The collar is intended as a dog walking collar, not an “always on” collar. The collar tightens up when it is attached to the leash, but it is somewhat loose (and therefore able to slip over doggy’s head) when the leash is not attached and providing some tension.
- The zip bag is a good size for holding an iPod or phone as well as some plastic bags and treats. The snap makes it convenient for attaching to a belt loop or the leash handle.
Trixie looks so chic in her signature color – hot pink!