One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 43 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 43 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 43 – Project 92
Steggie, The Pull-Along Dino – designed by Caitlin Bell page 258
Janis selected Kaffe Fassett Fall 2011 Babaganoush Yellow.
Please note that the text on the tissue paper pattern piece for the BODY is upside down.
pattern on sheet 2
9″ x 12″ piece of felt
Two 1/4″ or 1/2″ buttons (for eyes)
Four 1″ squares of Velcro
Piece of wood 5″ x 7″ x 1″ (you can use wooden plaques found at craft stores)
4 wooden wheels
4 wooden axle pegs
acrylic clear coat (optional)
1 screw eye
1 wooden bead
1/4 yard of 5/8″ ribbon
Janis’ Tips and Thoughts
- Pattern was well written.
- Janis suggests having all the materials together before starting Steggie. (It will save you on trips to the store.)
- The feet were small for Janis’ Steggie so she recut them adding just over 1/4 inch to the original.
- Kona Solids were used in place of felt for the spine and feet.
- Instead of the bead for her pull Janis used an old wooden spool.
Week 43 – Project 93
Elodie the Elephant – designed by Sarah Faix page 261
Melissa chose Kaffe Fassett Fall 2011 Parasols Yellow.
pattern on sheet 2
Scrap of contrasting fabric
Two 1/2″ buttons for eyes (for a Child less than 3 embroider the eyes)
Embroidery floss for facial features
Melissa’s Tips and Thoughts
- The directions are simple and straight forward.
- Melissa used Safety Eyes. They need to be attached before you sew and stuff the head.
- Next time Melissa plans to make the trunk wider so that turning and stuffing will be easier.
- In step 3, Assemble the Body, it is important to have the head front and back seams centered on the body pieces. Make a mark to identify the center of the body pieces this will make it easy to line up. Pin head and body pieces and carefully stitch together.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend from your Pink Chalk Fabrics Friends!
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details