One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 32 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 32 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 32 – Project 70
Summer Fun Play Top – designed by Maggie Bunch page 196
Carrie selected Keiki Oops A Daisy Kaleidoscope Cream.
pattern on sheet #2
Three 1/2″ buttons
Carrie’s Tips and Thoughts
- Great instructions. Helpful diagram. Fun top to make.
- Carrie used two fabrics after discovering the entire top was lined. Fabric #2 is Keiki Oops A Daisy Gingham Yellow.
- After stitching the armholes, neckline and back opening Carrie added a 1 1/2″ strip of fusible interfacing to the back opening on the wrong side of the lining fabric to make the area more stable for the closures.
- Snaps and decorative covered buttons were selected making the top reversible. She used size 36 buttons.
- In step 3, Stitch the sides, the diagram provided the perfect visual on where to stitch. After turning, careful pressing was important. Snipping the curves and a bone folder were helpful in creating a nice neckline and armholes.
- The Peplum is darling. Carrie used two rows of basting stitch between the gather marks to bring the fabric together. It seemed like a lot to gather but the finished product is perfect.
Carrie is looking forward to seeing the top on her niece!
Week 32 – Project 71
“Twist & Shout” Twirl Skirt – designed by Maggie Bunch page 199
1 yard of 1/2″ elastic
1 yard of 1/8″ piping (prepackaged or make your own)
sewing machine zipper foot
Bias strip (for binding) 2” x 62” *
Bias strip (for piping) 1” x 32” *
*The bias strips will be cut from the remaining middle section of fabric. You will need to piece the strips together in Step 3 to achieve the necessary finished lengths.
Janis’ Tips and Thoughts
- The pattern was easy to follow.
- Janis used two fabrics. The yoke fabric is 30″ by 6″. The skirt used almost a full yard of the stripe for the skirt front/back and bias hem.
- The lime green piping between the yoke and the skirt is from Janis’ stash. The contrast in color gives the piping a nice punch of color.
Janis’ Niece was thrilled with the skirt but wanted MORE pink. Luckily Mom had the perfect sweater to top off the fabulous outfit.
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details
pink chalk fabrics ~*~ new arrivals ~*~ free patterns ~*~ on sale