One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 31 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 31 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 31 – Project 68
All-Ages Classic Jumper – designed by Amanda Sasikirana page 191
1 yard of 44/45 ” fabric – not suitable for unidirectional prints
1/2 yard of 1″elastic
1/4 yard lightweight fusible interfacing
two 1″ buttons
Cindy’s Tips and Thoughts
- Cindy made the All Ages Classic Jumper in the 12 month size.
- Part 3: Cindy pressed the short ends as the directions said then she made a tube instead of pressing in the long ends & sewing. For her this method was faster and made a clean edge.
- Part 4: Cindy cut her interfacing to only cover half of the top front band. She was concerned the double layer would be too stiff.
- Part 10: As a beginner, Cindy found the wording on the buttonholes a bit confusing. She didn’t understand what a “vertical” buttonhole meant. By learning how her machine makes buttonholes she was able to figure out what to do to match the picture on page 191.
- The directions say to make the buttonholes “1 inch from the end of each strap”. The picture shows the buttonholes on the front top band. Cindy matched the picture.
- Buttons were then sewn on the straps. Cindy thought this would be an easy way to adjust length to fit her granddaughter.
- She made covered buttons with some fussy cut flowers.
- This jumper will be super cute on Cindy’s granddaughter!
Week 31 – Project 69
Strapless Bandeau Shorty Jumper – designed by Stephanie Sterling page 194
Pattern on sheet #3
1 yard of fabric (for 2T – 4T: 44/45″ for 5T: 54/60″)
2 decorative buttons
two 1″ D – rings
1/2 yard of 1/4″ elastic
Tracy’s Tips and Thoughts
- Tracy (and the Pink Chalk Team) was surprised to find this pattern was a romper not a dress. The darling picture in the book is a side view not showing the shorts.
- The pattern was simple and easy to follow.
- Tracy made her own buttons using the Pink Chalk Fabrics covered button kit.
- Two additions were suggested. Belt loops to keep the belt in position and straps to secure the romper on an active child.
Ready for a sunny day!
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details
pink chalk fabrics ~*~ new arrivals ~*~ free patterns ~*~ on sale