One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 29 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 29 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 29 – Project 64
Petite Diaper Tote – designed by Jana Nielson – page 178
1 yard of fabric (Home Decor weight will wear better)
1 yard of fusible interfacing
1 yard of fusible fleece
1 magnetic snap
7 ” piece of Velcro
sewing machine walking foot
Tracy’s Tips and Thoughts
- The Petite Diaper Tote is a useful, fun project that will make a nice baby shower gift.
- The instructions are clear and well written. A very cleverly designed pattern.
- The size seems just right for a few diapers, some wipes, and other necessities when a big diaper bag isn’t needed.
- Tracy used quilting weight cottons instead of a home decor weight as recommended. She interfaced both the lining and the exterior of the bag.
- The pattern calls for 2 layers of fusible fleece on the changing pad. Tracy used one layer of fleece and a top layer of vinyl for easy cleaning.
- Next time Tracy may sew with one layer of fleece and a laminated cotton for a wipeable top of the pad.
Week 28 – Project 65
Latte Changing Pad – designed by Anne Lindholt Ottosen – page 182
1/3 yard of fleece
1″ piece of Velcro
1 yard of coordinating ribbon, up to 1/2″
Carrie’s Tips and Thoughts
- A simple and quick project. Beginning to end in just over an hour.
- The pattern calls for a Velcro closure. Carrie used a snap to close the Sleeve. Add interfacing to the flap for support if you plan to use a snap. (Carrie didn’t think of the snap until she had the bag sewn up…next time!)
- A decorative stitch or piecing the top would be a fun way to embellish the changing pad.
- Carrie likes Tracy’s idea of using a laminated fabric for easy cleaning.
- The perfect gift for a new Mom.
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details
pink chalk fabrics ~*~ new arrivals ~*~ free patterns ~*~ on sale