One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 28 Finished Projects
Welcome to Week 28 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 28 – Project 62
Hands-Free Belt Bag – designed by Rebecca Yaker page 169
One 9″ coordinating zipper
1 1/2 yards 2″ webbing
One pair of 2″ D-rings
3 1/2″ of 1/4″ elastic
One 1″ swivel clasp
Sewing machine zipper foot
Tracy’s Tips and Thoughts
- Tracy chose to make the bag into a makeup bag, however the word on the runway is The Fanny Pack is back in.
- The Hands Free Bag is an intermediate to advanced project.
- Pockets are stitched in place before the assembly of the bag.
- In place of the loops on the back Tracy added two sweet pockets in fun contrasting colors. There is lots of room for embellishment such as contrast piping and a covered button.
- The Stitch Terminology on page 13 is helpful in step 10. A staystitch is a line of stitching just inside the seam allowance used to stabilize the fabric.
Ready to go…
Week 28 – Project 63
Grocery Tote – designed by Jessie Senese page 174
1 yard of 44/45″ or 54″ fabric (Home Decor weight; not suitable for unidirectional prints)
One 5″ x 11″ piece of heavyweight interfacing (such as Peltex or Timtex)
Cindy’s Tips and Thoughts
- Simple to follow pattern.
- Step 6 states to insert the heavyweight interfacing piece through the opening in the liner. Before stitching the bag together, Cindy fused Peltex to the bottom of the exterior fabric (making sure to center it). Adding the Peltex before stitching will avoid shifting while sewing.
- Sewing and pivoting the structured seams was a bit fussy when coming to the corners. To avoid puckers Cindy made a “Y” seam by backstitching, cutting threads and re-starting in the other direction.
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details
pink chalk fabrics ~*~ new arrivals ~*~ free patterns ~*~ on sale