One Yard Wonders Sew Along – Week 1 Finished Projects
Tracy used a 16 x 20 store bought frame. Remove the glass and cardboard. The fabric she selected is Sugar Pop Mod Flowers in Cream Pink by Liz Scott.
- 16 x 20 Frame
- craft store acrylic paint (mixed to match) sealed with matte sealer
- attached thin cork with spray adhesive to foam core then cut to size
- used masking tape to adhere fabric instead of staples as recommended in book
- for reassembly the original staple didn’t work. Pretty purple duct tape to the rescue.
Tracy liked the project so much she intends to make 2 more tack boards at home. She recommend lining the fabric with a layer of white fabric or even interfacing as the cork board shows through just a bit.
Diana found a bookcase at a thrift store. First she repainted it white. The size is approximately 32″ x 25″.
Diana chose Amy Butler Soul Blossoms fabrics for the lining. From the top down, Temple Doors in Deep Water, Laurel Dots in Periwinkle, and Temple Tulips in Azure.
- the back is not removable (like the bookcase in the book) so each space was measured and cut to fit.
- more fabric may be required for centering large prints
- the book calls for poster tape. Diana used simple double sided tape.
Ta Da! Diana enjoyed the project. Its easy with no sewing involved!
We may have to try this in the Pink Chalk shop with some new storage shelves we just purchased. We’ll post pictures when complete.
How do I participate? One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details