#5 – Dia de los Muertos Tablerunner
The afternoon brought a lovely stream of sunlight to the yard. Outside went the table, quickly followed by my camera. Can’t take any chances these days. For my back’s sake I think I need a permanent table on the front porch.
This was a “at least you’ve made something for Halloween” project. I completed my remaining Halloween house blocks Friday night (that link is to the one you’ve already seen, will take pictures of the completed ones, when the sun visits again). I looked at them on the design wall all day Saturday. I have lots of ideas about piecing them into this really cool neighborhood setting. No way is that going to happen before October 31. After a bit of “maybe I could do this, maybe I could do that”, I let it go. I really want that quilt to be fabulous and I don’t want to rush its creation.
Sewing something fast is always a good pick me up. Out came all of my cool Dia de los Muertos fabrics. Out came the rotary cutter and my Olfa 12 1/2 inch square ruler. It made short work of framing the 5 blocks just the way I wanted them. Straight, angled line quilting.
Detail pics of the front panels on Flickr.
I had this fun panel of fabric (click the pic for a big version) that I used for the back of the tablerunner. It’s sided by two 10 x 12 inch squares. If I made something like this again I would have made the back a 1/2 inch bigger all the way around. Being the exact same size as the top, the edges on the back moved in a tad during the quilting.